June 4, 2008

Successful Long Distance Courtship

There are many who say that internet dating or long distance relationships cannot be done but here is not one but both a success story.

Background

I am more move friendly then most. I have moved seven times and lived in two different countries, two different cultures, and five states before I turned thirty. The current state I was living in I had only been there a few years and no family was there so my ties were just not there outside of my enjoyment of where I worked.

Career wise as an RN I am extremely fortunate to have opportunities pretty much everywhere so finding a job was not a problem. Overall, I just was not anchored and for that reason alone made my journey to move to another state to be with my Master easier then most.

Early contact

We met on my site of preference where he wrote me a beautiful and fairly short message which I have saved and look at often still today. It was three paragraphs long and summed up me and what I was all about like he just got me. It was creepy and exciting all the same time.

After that it was exchange Emails and telephone calls for a little over three weeks until I traveled to him to meet the first time.

First Meeting

Despite the erotic fiction out there and maybe a more power exchange romantic thought of a first meet I did not meet him nude in my hotel room. I did not take orders from him on our first date. We acted like any other couple on a first date, of course three weeks of incredible dialog and so much in agreement it did not feel like a first date after the first fifteen minutes or so.

Rest of the Weekend

Did normal couple things and no orders or anything construed as kinky and every second becoming better then the next. We did have sex; hey if you read this blog you can get an accurate picture I have said no to sex very few times in my entire life.

Next weekend

He came to visit me and more cool couple stuff, sex and yes are first foray into the kinky things. Everything went awesome and the morning before he left we had our first serious sit down discussion mapping out and agreeing to how we wanted to proceed and agreed to give over power when in his presence.


Must add we had also talked and we had both talk about and agreed to the need to build up from scratch and not dive deep in. So giving power over was not a situation where he would do something outrageous or not in context with where we were in the relationship. But both of us had zero desire, bonding point, to have our relationship be anything but power exchanged based. In other words we were not trying to establish a regular relationship and then move into a power exchange one.

What happen next

To quickly finish the timeline we spent the next six months slowly progressing into our relationship until he asked me to move in with him which by then was just a simple statement of fact as far as I was concerned. A little after six months I became his 24/7 slave in real time.

Our dealings with the distance

One of our bonding things were neither was interested in trying to keep up the dynamic through telephone and Email. When we were not together he did not control my life or give orders unless just for his fun.

I worked nights he works normal hours. Often during the work week there were some days any phone calls let alone long lasting ones were impossible. We simply agreed not to worry about this and never had an issue with one avoiding contact. In fact if William was writing this he might tell you that one of the things he liked best about me was that I did not require daily phone calls lasting hours. In fact he might rank that higher then I would be comfortable with. ;)

We were also fortunate because of or jobs flexibility and income levels that money was not an issue. With that we were able to never go more then ten days and usually a week or less without seeing each other. So this was six months with a lot of human contact and not just six months and three real time visits for example.

What I think we did right I have not read about a lot

1) We saw each other as much as possible and based it on our time together in real time then time spent overall together.

2) We made sure pretty much early on to make a conscious effort to try to make are time together as “normal” as possible. It could be so easy to just spend most of the time in bed for the few days we would have but we consciously avoided that temptation. I spent time cooking and cleaning for him and much to my stubbornness he would do the same too much. Because of my job I would have days off in the middle of the week and allowed the great opportunity to be with him for “mundane” days and not just “special weekends”.

3) We did not burden one or the other with trying to maintain the power exchange and M/s level when we were a part. Not saying people cannot do that but my belief it is different and not the same and if this causes one or both to get drained or drown over the pressure to do then that can be a major problem.

4) We only had our relationship be power exchange. To each their own but to me when trying to deal with long distance relationship is really tough then to throw in establishing a regular relationship and then transitioning into a 24/7 total power exchange relationship there is a ton of extra stuff there along with a different set of compatibility issues to just move without that already working as best as it can.

What I think we did wrong

Nothing my Master is perfect and by default that makes me perfect. ;)

1) Did not make enough effort establishing relationships with other people in the new city. This is difficult for me to do in general but the early months would have been way better if I had spent more time with his family and some of his friends. I would have been more comfortable when he was away so much that part was a struggle.

2) We assumed that we had everything covered. We did not both in the dynamic, feelings and our general self. If I was to do it all over again I think we would have had several sit down serious conversations early on so we both were on the same page.

So there you have it one successful long distance relationship into a total power exchange relationship. Granted our circumstances were more ideal then most to give us maybe a better chance at success but still those who say it cannot be done here is my tongue sticking outside of my mouth!

No comments: