April 15, 2008

Perspective

Often when people who are interested in becoming a 24/7 slave either from no power exchange experience or one of lesser time or power exchanged there often can be thoughts and fears expressed that tend to take the daily life of a slave out of perspective.

The fact is regular life still dominates our day. I have family and friends to communicate and do things, a job to go to and maybe in the future of some ideal world all free time is spent on sex and kink with my Master but now there is still way more time doing what normal couples do as well. That is not to say other things done like the domestic things, how I am dress and even how we watch television together do not have their own power dynamic bent to them but even then they are always going to become habit after awhile. This is not to say boring but also not cannot wait I am so excited about it either.

Here are some things off the top of my head I often have heard or read about people who are nervous about becoming a 24/7 slave and the reality of it from my experience:

1) No we are not having sex all the time. Often people read about dress or lack of dress codes, other requirements that appear to be solely for sexual purposes and small kinky things being done on a daily basis and think everyday is wall to wall sex.

Being a 24/7 TPE relationship is very different then any other dynamic. In previous dynamics most people who engaged in specific clothes that were sexually motivated, any kink play and anything else that the first and only thought was sex was exactly that because the end result was for when these things were done was sex.

In a 24/7 TPE most of these things done are often just to create and maintain a sexual and power exchange atmosphere in the relationship. It is actually taking these things we normally do to get sex or in power exchange play moments and taking away the cause and effect direct connotation they have had but to understand that effect is now a possibility 24/7.

For example, a regular night of sitting in front of the TV with my Master I will be wearing or not wearing something that is easy for him to get to all of me. We may just watch TV, my Master may play with me sexually in a light way or he might play with me by inflicting pain lightly on me. Might do one might do a combination. Might build into something bigger and might not mount to anything but just wasting the time. The key is it is available to my Master and both of us are reminded of that fact not that just because I am dressed or situated in a specific way that something is suppose to happen.

2) I do not walk on eggshells worried about breaking a rule, screwing up a ritual or anything else that might get me punished.

I like, looked for and found a strict disciplinarian for a Master. I get consistent judgment and punishment applied to me. I am a human being I am going to make mistakes. Too many rules and rituals that cannot make you breather or relax is just not a good way to live this life in my opinion as it causes you strain and drains our passion for the life. At the same time though adhering faithfully to these rules and rituals day in and day out is important to show the commitment to the dynamic and your other and over time they simply become habit and require little thought.

Think of it this way if you or when you have worked you had a rule to show up at a certain time. Did that play with your mind or did you just deal with it with little or no thought?

3) With #2, I do not always feel like falling on my sword or my Master is always “disappointed” when I do something that causes a punishment.

This is not to say that if I do or fail to do something I do not beat myself up if I caused my Master an inconvenience or deprived him of something by my screw up. The point is not every thing that might get me punished is that big or some comment on my ability to be obedient and my devotion to my Master and the dynamic to be questioned. I am human. I will screw up.

This is one of the areas that people who practice Domestic Discipline have the perfect way of dealing with punishments. They have a procedure that takes some or all the emotion out of it and it is a penance ritual where learn, take it and move on. It is something I certainly bonded with my Master when we started seeing each other and think many M/s relationships would be wise to embrace like we do.

For example, last week I forgot to pick something up from the grocery store my Master specifically asked for. I just forgot, it happens and I took my swats on my ass how a slave should and we moved on. My Master got it was just a screw up did not over think the situation. Now if I repeatedly do the same thing then it would be a different story.

4) Just because your owner can does not mean they are going to.

This is probably the biggest fear mongering theory out there that people use as a reason why they are not ready or wanting to live in a 24/7 TPE. They take the possibility of something or some things happening and make them dominate the life or into worse case scenarios.

One of the common quotes of a slave “Care about my overall happiness but just do not care in the moment." Well common sense has to be as well thought out what a dominant is going to want. Look at it this way, we are all looking for a mentally healthy well adjusted other who cares for us. Just how stupid, dangerous or selfish of a person are you going to serve?

For example why would you be with someone who decides to forbid you from talking to any friends or family. Why would you be with them? Why would the man you love that is mentally healthy and well adjusted want that? I seriously think my Master would go running for the hills if I relied totally on him for my human interaction.

Take an extreme example; I do not have a monogamous relationship. My Master can have sex with whoever he wants and can make me have sex with whoever he wants, with a few safety restrictions. This does not mean though he goes around chasing other pussy in his spare time. I would not be with someone who does. This also means he is not going to decide to prostitute me out full time either as he know I would not accept that and why would he do that to me anyway? Just because they have the power to do something does not mean they will ever do it.

5) Always be ready for sex.

Actually I always thought everyone got this but this was a post on the message board I am on and was blown away that at least two thirds of the people took this in a way I have never heard a real person in a power exchange relationship actually describe it.

This just means for a slave to understand that they might have to put out anytime. It means maybe in the middle of folding laundry or watching a program on TV for example. It is just a simple statement that unlike what most women in relationships where they will put out they have the final say in the matter in a TPE relationship the owner has that say.

What this does not mean is what I read that this meant a slave should always be wet in the pussy, keep their assholes lubed, mouths emptied and be aroused enough that in a few thrusts be near orgasm. It also does not mean, just like my point in #4, your loving owner is not going to be considerate of you when deciding when to do something sexual. Of course they can also not be considerate sometimes and that can be a very good thing as well for some of us. ;)

Sometimes it can be too easy to take one aspect of something and blow it up failing to factor in the rest of our lives and slaves and owners in good relationships are often sane, mentally healthy, well adjusted and in love with their other.

No comments: