September 8, 2008

As I write this…

I was making calls to my friends catching them up on what has been happening and dishing the details of the wedding. I was talking to a friend who is a slave like myself and has to unfortunately get back on the horse and find a new Master after fifteen years of being with her husband/Master.

She mentioned that to her a new thing that gets bashed over her head was the concept that gets floated out there of a slave lives only for her Master. That everything she does and focuses on is to please her Master or make herself a better slave for her Master. Well this came to quite a shock and quick frustration to a woman who was a slave for so long because she had this little thing called reality that told her the truth.



As I write this entry I can not remotely justify that this pleases my Master or makes me a better slave. The same thing that before I started to write this I sent off a quick email to my niece about her not liking school so far. I am apparently failing my Master or I am just not a “real” slave for doing these things.

It is easy to bash dominants who communicate such idiotic thoughts on this life like this concept. But us slaves need to accept the blame for letting statements like this become accepted enough that many dominants do not realize just how idiotic the view is. Because if there is one thing a lot of slaves are guilty of is that we love to project just how selfless we wish in our minds to believe we are.

Well we are not. We are selfish just like every other human being and living the way we do is a selfish act by its self because we are living this way because it makes us the most happy. That it includes many selfless acts but it does not then make us selfless people.

So the next time you are at a local community event, message board or chat room and some dominant does the a slave has one need in life thing. Instead of tuning the person out as a theoretical idiot, think what have you done to help promote this belief and what you can do to stop it. We may not owe people anything but at the same time as a slave we should not help keep this belief out there because it makes us feel selfless and cool.

Good people from all roles and genders can get influenced by these words. It would be unfortunate if people gave up because they knew they could not be like this or felt they were a failure because they could not live up to this impossible standard.

Now excuse me, I am going to watch some Daily Show episodes that are piled up on our TIVO. I am a good slave for doing this as I will free up space on the TIVO for potentially my Master’s programs. Sometimes I amaze myself how selfless I truly am. ;)

No comments: